That's when I know I need a return to my roots.
I've done just that in several ways recently:
- Rereading those herbal books that gave me my start on the path of herbalism.
- Reconnecting with the plants themselves. Tending the garden, noticing what wild herbs are growing around me.
- Adding herbal teas and tonics back in to my daily routine, not just when I need their medicine, but as a daily practice.
- Adding to my essential oil cabinet and practicing the art of aromatherapy.
- Planning to expand the herb garden. A wish list of plants and seeds is growing quickly!
- Making a list of herbal gifts to create for the upcoming holidays.
... along with a few other things that I'm not quite ready to share just yet ;) .
How about you?
Do you sometimes need to return to your roots?
What helps you accomplish this?
What is one practice you are focusing on this season?
I ask all these questions because I really am interested in learning how others live the herbal life, please share your story, tips, recipes, ideas... whatever!
If you want to study herbs in a more formal setting, the Herbal Academy of New England has a great Back to School Sale going on through September 18th, click the graphic below to get 15% off!
(affiliate links in post)